Remove Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj]
|Brief Description:||This Backdoor Trojan can allow remote attacker to access the infected computer.|
|Alias:||BackDoor-FJW!, Backdoor:Win32/Kelihos.F, Crypt_s.AFR, Trojan.Generic.KDZ.5126, Mal/FakeAV-OY,|
|Removal Tool:||▼ DOWNLOAD MalwareFox|
Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] is a Trojan that brings huge damages to the computer when not taken out right away. Although it is not like a virus that replicates, this Trojan is able to infect and harm other files on the compromised machine. There is a chance that your anti-virus program may detect Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] if it is running with most recent database. Obsolete or outdated security software may fail to detect the presence of Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj].
There are many ways how a computer can be infected with this Trojan. It is often attached to other program that you can download from public servers. Spam email messages are also used by an attacker to deploy the threat. Additionally, links coming from different sources can point your web browser to a malicious page that downloads Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] into your computer without a notice. The Trojan greatly affects systems running under Microsoft Windows.
Problems usually encounters with Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] are typical to other infections. It may modify, delete or hide files in the computer. This threat has the skill to alter various settings that can cause Windows not to function properly. In worse cases, Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] system slow down or produce certain malfunction to prevent Windows from running.
To remove Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj], follow the guide written on this page. Download all essential tools and program to scan and delete the Trojan from the infected PC.
What are the Symptoms of Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] infection?
Procedures to Remove Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj]
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Procedure 1: Scan Computer in Safe Mode Using Installed Anti-virus Program
1. When troubleshooting a PC, one common step is to boot operating system into Safe Mode with Networking. The same approach will be used in the removal of Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj]. Please execute instructions based on your Windows OS version.
Start Windows 8 / Windows 10 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Close all running programs on your computer because we will need to restart Windows on this procedure.
- Press and Hold Shift key on your keyboard while clicking on Restart.
- You will then be presented with Troubleshooting Options.
- Click on Troubleshoot icon.
- Then, Click on Advanced Options icon.
- Select Startup Settings icon and then, Click on Restart button.
- When Windows restarts, it will prompt to choose number from the list of options. Press the number on your keyboard that corresponds to Safe Mode with Networking, commonly number 5.
- Once in Safe Mode, please proceed to the next step which is running a virus scan on the computer.
Start in Safe Mode with Networking (Windows XP / Vista / 7 Instruction)
- Please restart the computer and just before Windows start, press F8 on your keyboard repeatedly. You will be presented with Advanced Options Menu.
- From the selections, choose Safe Mode with Networking. Please use keyboard's arrow up/down to navigate between selections and press Enter to proceed.
2. Once your Windows is running in Safe Mode, open your installed anti-virus programs and update it to the most recent version by automatically downloading necessary updates.
3. Thoroughly scan the computer and remove all identified threats. Do not restart or turn off the computer after the scan process. You still need to run another scan. Please follow the next procedure.
Procedure 2: Scan and remove Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] files with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
To remove Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj], download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is effective in getting rid of Trojans, viruses and malware.
1. After downloading, please install the program using the default settings.
2. At the end of the installation, please make sure that it will download necessary updates.
3. Once update has completed, MalwareFox will launch.
4. Select SCAN button of MalwareFox application.
5. Scanning process will start and infections list will be displayed. Click NEXT to remove them.
Procedure 3: Run extra scan with Junkware Removal Tool
To make sure that no more malicious files linked to Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] are inside the computer, we must run another effective scanner. This time, use Junkware Removal Tool. No installation is necessary with this tool.
1. Click the button above to start the download process. Save the file to your preferred location.
2. Junkware Removal Tool will close all running applications later. So, before executing the file, please Bookmark or Print this page. And then, close all programs.
3. Double-click the JRT.exe file to initiate the tool.
4. It will prompt you to "Press any key to continue."
5. Junkware Removal Tool will create a Restore Point and proceed with the scan. Please wait for the scan process to finish.
6. After scanning the computer, JRT will open a Notepad containing scan logs. It may have not find Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] relevant entities, but it will surely delete any malicious items not found in the previous scans.
Procedure 4: Reset Affected Internet Browser
Reset browser settings of Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. In the address bar, type this: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter.
3. Navigate at the end of the page and click on Show advanced settings.
4. At the bottom of the page, click on Reset settings to remove all changes made by Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj].
Reset Internet Explorer Settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer software.
2. Navigate to top menu and click Tools > Internet Options.
3. On Internet Options window, select Advanced tab.
4. In order to reverse modifications caused by Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj], click on Reset button to bring back Internet Explorer's settings to their default condition.
Reset Firefox to its default state:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox program.
2. Navigate to top menu and Open Help Menu. Then, select on Troubleshooting Information.
3. Click on Refresh Firefox button to erase the effect of Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj].
Protect your PC from Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] or Similar Attack
Turn On Safe Browsing Features
Google Chrome's Protection from Dangerous Sites
With Google Chrome's Dangerous Site Protection feature, you will have lesser risks browsing the web. It will display a warning when the site you are trying to visit is suspicious, thus, you can prevent Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj] infection. To enable protection from dangerous sites, please do these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. In the address bar, type this: chrome://settings/ and then, Press Enter.
3. Once on the settings page, click on Show advanced settings... at the bottom of the page to see the rest of the Chrome setup.
4. Locate Privacy section and mark 'Protect you and your device from dangerous sites'.
5. Please restart Google Chrome. New settings keep your browser safe while surfing the web.
Internet Explorer - Activate SmartScreen Filter
Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9 has this feature called SmartScreen Filter. It helps detect phishing web sites and protect you from downloading malicious programs including Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj]. To turn on SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
1. Please open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, select Tools (IE 9). For IE 8, please look for Safety menu.
3. Select SmartScreen Filter from the drop-down list and click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
4. Please restart Internet Explorer.
Mozilla Firefox - Block Attack Sites and Web Forgeries
Phishing and Malware Protection is a built-in feature on Firefox version 3 or later. It warns you when a page you are trying to visit contains phishing content or an attack site designed to drop threats such as Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj]. To help you keep safe while browsing the Internet using Firefox, please follow this guide:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On top menu, click on Open Menu. Then select Options from the list.
3. Select Security and put a check mark on the following items:
- Warn me when sites try to install add-ons
- Block reported attack sites
- Block reported web forgeries
Edge Browser - SmartScreen Filter
SmartScreen filter is a built-in feature in Microsoft Edge browser that can help you deter malicious programs such as Win32:Crypt-OUI [Trj]. It can block malicious web sites and downloads.
1. Open Microsoft Edge browser.
2. Click on More Actions button located at top right corner of the screen.
3. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
4. Under Settings menu, go to Advanced Settings section and click on View Advanced Settings.
5. Scroll down to "help protect my PC from malicious sites and downloads with SmartScreen Filter". Turn it to ON.
6.You may now restart Microsoft Edge browser.