Unlimited Defender is a fake security application that may look like a real anti-virus software. Unlimited Defender will employ scare tactics method in order to lure victims to purchase the commercial version of this software. Prior to this, a trial version of Unlimited Defender will be installed on the computer by means of fake security web sites. Trojan will also help in spreading Unlimited Defender and drop it on computer without being detected by AV program. This harmful program also force user to believe that system is under attack and having the registered version of Unlimited Defender can stop it.
Almost all rogue programs are using scare tactics and unfair marketing method to deceive victims and convince them to pay for the registered version of the endorsed application. Another thing about Unlimited Defender is its inclusion on the list of most unwanted software because of its association to other unpopular program. In fact, Unlimited Defender is a new variant or mimic of previous malware.
What are the Symptoms of Unlimited Defender Infection?
Presence of Unlimited Defender is noticeable by excessive pop-up alerts. Internet search is redirected to unwanted website that may also be a source of additional threats. Installed anti-virus software may also stop responding when the rogue program ended its process.
How to Remove Unlimited Defender Manually
1. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– Press F8 on keyboard as soon as you turn on the computer
– Select SafeMode to start the computer loading only minimal resources
2. Delete Windows registry entries the malware created. It is important to BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY FIRST.
– On Windows Start Menu, Click Start > Run
– Type in the field, regedit
– Find registry entries mentioned above and delete if necessary
3. Files related to Unlimited Defender must be deleted:
– Browse and delete malicious files detected above.
– Some files cannot be deleted instantly. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Windows Task Manager, look for any virus-related files mentioned on this page and highlight it, click End Process. Try to delete the file once more.
4. Run Antivirus Program
– You must be connected to Internet to be able to update your anti-virus program. This is needed to have the latest database available and detect newer threats.
– Thoroughly scan the computer and clean or delete all detected threats.
Automatic Removal of Unlimited Defender
1. Print this procedure as we need to close all running programs later.
2. Download AntiMalware Application here and save it to your Desktop.
3. Close all open applications.
4. Double-Click on the downloaded mbam-setup.exe to start the installation. If unable to execute, infections on computer is preventing it from running, rename the file mbam-setup.exe to anything (like myfile.exe)
5. Run the installation on the default settings. No changes are necessary.
6. Just before completing the installation, make sure that the following are marked check.
– Update the program
– Launch the program
7. The tool will run and update itself after installation. Close it after the update.
8. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
9. Click on the icon and start to Perform Full Scan to begin scanning your computer for Unlimited Defender related files.
10. After scanning, a message will appear stating that the scan is completed successfully. Click OK.
11. Click Show Results and detected threats will be displayed.
12. Make sure that all threats are marked check, then click Remove Selected to begin removal of the malicious files.
13. Exit AntiMalware Apps and restart your computer.
14. Unlimited Defender and all its files are now removed from your computer. To guard your computer from this threat and avoid future infections, you may want real-time protection from a full version of anti-malware program..