Remove WindowsActivationError pop-up
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
WindowsActivationError is an absolute scam. This malware simply lock the computer and display fake warning intended to defraud the user. Then scammers provided a Technical Support Hotline and propose to call to fix the suspected issue. Yet, calling to +1-855-441-4421 for Technical Assistance is not the real remedy for a fact that WindowsActivationError is just a false alert and not a real issue.
Cyber criminals these days have countless of ways to attack the system. They even have number of methods on how to steal money from computer users. WindowsActivationError is just one of them which you might get most likely when you visited a compromised web site, or could be when you open an email attachment from unknown source.
Take it as a warning, when you call to their Customer Support, it couldn’t give any constructive end result. In fact, scammers will only promote and sell support services that you don’t need in the first place. You may only given the crook a great chance to profit from a scheme .This WindowsActivationError is a complete bogus that would all end up with the will of schemers of having to gain even more money.
One more thing about WindowsActivationError was that, it shows alert warning that you have to enter the Product Key. Yet, even if you go and follow to input the code, it would only end up to nothing. You are then still advice to call to the number assigned by schemers.
Dealing with cyber criminals is risky in some way, and clearly a waste of time and your money. In a very adverse instance that you may come across with WindowsActivationError, you have to take into account these things. There must be no number you need to be called, no product key to be entered, and most importantly there must be no money to be paid in exchange of any support products and services.
To let your computer system free from WindowsActivationError pop-up, then the best thing you have to do is to simply follow the removal guide presented on this page.
Procedures to Remove WindowsActivationError
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains WindowsActivationError remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove WindowsActivationError
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing WindowsActivationError, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.