Remove PRISM Virus (MoneyPak Malware)
|Threat Name:||PRISM Virus|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
PRISM virus is created by cyber crook to victimized common users mainly from the United States. This is noticed by the display of logos belonging to Department of Justice, National Security Agency, and FBI. Entire screen of infected computer will have the message “Your Computer Has Been Locked.” To be able to unlock it, you have to pay a fine. It is stated as follows:
“To unlock your computer and to avoid other legal consequences, you are obliged to pay a release fee of $300.”
Fine served as release for some illegal deeds that you have made using your own computer. According to PRISM malware, your offense can be downloading of illegal content like child porn or distributing software protected by Copyright Law.
As long as you do not pay the fine, access on your own computer is denied by PRISM virus. Full control to your system is at hackerís hand. In some cases, users were forced to pay in order to regain access. Some are even fooled, thinking that the warning is real. Hackers really made it more authentic to scare you and pay as soon as you got the message. This time, do not ever believe for what you see or what you read on the screen.
The very first thing you have to scare of is when you allow PRISM virus stay in your system even for a minute. Virus can become viruses and minor trouble can become major. Never pay the amount demanded by the malware through MoneyPak. Donít allow PRISM to steal money from your pocket just to get back your system. Attackers may still ruin your PC even after you pay for the fine as long as the virus still exists.
To stop all the mess cause by PRISM virus, you have to delete it right away. You may find on this page the complete guide to remove the malware.
Procedures to Remove PRISM Virus
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains PRISM Virus remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove PRISM Virus
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing PRISM Virus, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.