Remove CyberLocker Virus
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Does CyberLocker alert showing up on your screen demanding payment of $300 to unlock all encoded files on the computer? It only means that your PC is infected with CyberLocker virus or Cyber Locker Ransomware as security experts may call it. You may get scared as your first respond about this message and may get confuse on how to unlock all your files. You are given 72 hours and the counter remains running until such time that you acquire the unlock key.
This malware claims to encode all your files like documents, music, photos, videos, and so on. Your system stays on its unusable mode; attacker will only remove this Cyber Locker once you paid for the key. You have to know that it is merely the wrong way to unlock your system. The right thing to do is to delete this virus at once.
You must to delete CyberLocker now, not days from now to avoid more chances of dropping more malware onto your system. You don’t have to make a mistake of paying the fine. It’s so much easier to delete this virus rather than to pay that huge amount. Wherein fact once you pay the fine, you are most likely making things even worst.
Best resolution on this CyberLocker virus is truly no money involved if possible. You can follow our guide presented on this page. Unlocking or decrypting files affected by CyberLocker can be done with various tools available on the web.
Procedures to Remove CyberLocker
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains CyberLocker remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove CyberLocker
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing CyberLocker, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.