Caribarena Ransomware (Removal Guide)
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Caribarena virus is one more threat from the ransomware clan. The prime target of hostage taker or must say the cyber crook is your Windows operating system. Your PC as a hostage makes you feel even bother due to its freezing status. It may look like far from being usable. The only thing you can see on your screen is the warning message coming from Caribarena. It is to let you know that your computer has been blocked without due reason. Here is the message that may appear on the screen:
“YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN BLOCKED
Caribarena demands $200 to unlock your machine, you can pay by moneygram to the name of “ofer shaked”. Send us transaction ID on email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you unlock code.”
You are not a type of brave person if you just do follow with your unseen enemy’s command. You have to know that hacker’s ultimate goal is to negotiate up by asking you to pay a certain amount via Moneygram as fine. You must never negotiate with people behind this Caribarena malware, or else, you may be helping them to achieve their evil plan.
Take it calmly whenever you see this Caribarena warning message. Keep in mind that it is just a virus that wants to extort money from you. Don’t get pressure about it. No worries needed because once you delete this Caribarena malware, you can get back your PC in control. But be reminded that you must remove it in a moment after you got this infection, so it won’t put your system in deeper trouble.
To remove Caribarena ransomware, we provided on this page the easy steps that you may follow.
Procedures to Remove Caribarena
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains Caribarena remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove Caribarena
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing Caribarena, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.