Australian Communications and Media Authority Virus (Ukash Ransom)
|Threat Name:||Australian Communications and Media Authority Virus|
|Brief Description:||This type of malware locks the computer or desktop making it unusable.|
Australian Communications and Media Authority virus is one of aggressive Ransom Trojan among other members of its clan. Many users around the world suffer and huge numbers of computers are targeted by this virus. Fake warning from fraud official states the following:
ďATTENTION! Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below… Ē
Your PC then is totally controlled by attackers. This warning is the main hint that Australian Communications and Media Authority virus infects your system. Donít be alarm to the accusations imposed by this fake warning. Scammers will demand you to pay a certain amount ($100) at specific mode of payment called Ukash. You can only enable access to your computer if you pay the required penalty.
Australian Communications and Media Authority virus is developed by cyber crooks to deceive users, to scare and to build up an impulsive reaction in order to pay the fine the moment this warning display on their screen. Giving-in to the demand is just like allowing hackers to steal more money from users who fall onto this trap.
You have to know that no one from authorities among any country is doing this screen locker approach and ask for a fine due to any breach of law you have committed. Instead of worrying on your computerís current situation, you just have to focus on finding ways how to delete Australian Communications and Media Authority virus. You are very fortunate that you donít need to look any further; the solution to your problem is already posted on this page.
Procedures to Remove Australian Communications and Media Authority Virus
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Create a USB Bootable Device
Ransom Trojans and viruses will lock the screen and makes the computer unusable. Common ways to deal with this type of infection is to boot the PC using another device. For this tutorial we will do a bootable disk that contains Australian Communications and Media Authority Virus remover.
1. Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk from their official server. Click the button below. The file will be in .ISO format.
2. Download this utility called rescue2usb to record your .ISO file into the USB drive. Obviously you need a USB thumb drive at least 512MB in capacity. Plug it to the computer.
3. Once you have the two programs, double-click on the rescue2usb.exe to start creating a bootable USB drive.
4. You will see on the screen in the program called Kasperksy USB Rescue Disk Maker. Click on Browse and locate the .ISO file.
5. Under USB Medium, select the proper drive of your USB device.
6. Click on START. It will now begin to create a bootable USB drive with Kaspersky Rescue Disk in it.
Start the Computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
1. You must set the computer to use other bootable device aside from hard drive. For this procedure, enable your BIOS to boot to USB device. If you are not familiar with this, please refer to your computer's instruction manual.
2. Another option is to access the Boot Menu right after you turn one the PC. It will present a Menu so that you can select a preferred boot drive. Select Removable Devices.
3. Your computer will now start and load Kaspersky Rescue Disk.
4. If you see a message on the screen, please Press any key to enter the menu. You only have 10 seconds to do this, otherwise it will boot with the hard drive.
5. Next screen will be the interface language. Please select desired language to use.
6. You must run the program in Graphic Mode. This gives you easy access to all commands and menus.
7. End User License Agreement will appear. Please accept to continue using the program. Press 1 to proceed.
Using WindowsUnlocker to Remove Australian Communications and Media Authority Virus
1.Click on the K button at the lower left corner of the screen.
2. Select Terminal on the list. It will open a command prompt.
3. Type windowsunlocker and press Enter on your keyboard.
4. On WindowsUnlocker menu, please type 1 to Unlock Windows. This utility will clean the registry for malicious entries.
5. After the cleanup process, it will display the menu once more.
6. Press 0 on your keyboard to exit WindowsUnlocker.
Run a Virus Scan
1. After removing Australian Communications and Media Authority Virus, you need to delete all remaining components.
2. Click on the K to display the menu.
3. Select Kaspersky Rescue Disk. This will open the virus scanning tool.
4. You need to update the program first. Select My Update Center tab and click on Start update. This requires an Internet connection.
5. After updating the program, select Object Scan tab and click on Start Object Scan. You must scan the following:
- Disk boot sectors
- Hidden startup objects
- All drives
6. Scanning the entire hard drive may take some time. Please let the scan to finish.
7. Once the scan process is complete, the tool will prompt you for preferred actions on detected threats. Deleting all threats is recommended.
8. You can now turn off the computer, unplug the USB drive, and start Windows in normal mode.