Trojan.Wincod is a virus detected by Symantec security products. It is also a trojan being used by a rogue security program Personal Antivirus to scare computer users and detected it as a threat found on the computer. The warning message appears to be:
Trojan.Wincod – Trojan Found!
Trojan.Wincod is a Trojan horse that displays message boxes and modifies settings on the compromised computer.
What Trojan.Wincod Does?
A taskbar alert will popup.
How to Easily Remove Trojan.Wincod
1. Print this procedure as we need to close all programs running later.
2. Download AntiMalware Application here and save it to your Desktop.
3. Close all open applications.
4. Double-Click on the downloaded mbam-setup.exe to start the installation. If unable to execute, infections on computer is preventing it from running, rename the file mbam-setup.exe to anything (like myfile.exe)
5. Run the installation on the default settings. No changes are necessary.
6. Just before completing the installation, make sure that the following are marked check.
– Update the program
– Launch the program
7. The tool will run and update itself after installation. Close it after the update.
8. Restart your computer in SafeMode
– After Power-On the computer, just before Windows start, press F8
– From the selections, Select SafeMode
9. Click on the icon and start to Perform Full Scan to begin scanning your computer for Trojan.Wincod related files.
10. After scanning, a message will appear stating that the scan is completed successfully. Click OK.
11. Click Show Results and detected threats will be displayed.
12. Make sure that all threats are marked check, then click Remove Selected to begin removal of the malicious files.
13. Exit AntiMalware Apps and restart your computer.
14. Trojan.Wincod and all its files are now removed from your computer. To guard your computer from this threat and avoid future infections, you may want real-time protection from AntiMalware Apps.