Remove Unpollute My Mac
|Threat:||Unpollute My Mac|
|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Unpollute My Mac is rogue application claiming to be an effective computer tool. It asserts that it can help erase porn site traces from your Macintosh. Despite of good offers, please be mindful that its real motive is to make online revenue.
Once your system is infested by Unpollute My Mac, it normally perform fake scan. As expected, it declares a number of issues that have been detected. But, to be able to fix the said issues, you do have to use the full version of the program. But mind you that this is totally not free.
Without doubt, Unpollute My Mac cannot add any single value to help detect and remove issues from your system. Rather, it would only place your computer at risk of gaining other threats. As long as your system is engaged in Unpollute My Mac, it may be more prone to adware, malware, and computer virus. It allows continuous exposure to malicious ads, links, and harmful contents. Its presence could even lead to compromise your privacy.
Unpollute My Mac is often delivered through free downloads. Intruder often use this approach at they see it as the fastest and most effective way to spread unwanted software. This scheme is the reason why most Mac OS X users did not notice the inclusion of Unpollute My Mac. Its arrival happens mostly when users are not giving closer look as they install new programs.
Getting rid of it as soon as you can is the safest and most ideal action for this matter. If you wish to fully remove Unpollute My Mac, then simply follow the removal steps below.
Procedures to Remove Unpollute My Mac
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Unpollute My Mac from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Unpollute My Mac from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Unpollute My Mac extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- Unpollute My Mac.update.plist
- Unpollute My Mac.AppRemoval.plist
- Unpollute My Mac.download.plist
- Unpollute My Mac.ltvbit.plist
- .com. Unpollute My Mac.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
SoftwareUpdater Unpollute My Mac
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Unpollute My Mac to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Unpollute My Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Unpollute My Mac and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Unpollute My Mac. Your computer should now be malware free.