Remove MacZaminer (Uninstall Guide)
|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
MacZaminer is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that trying to pretend as useful and effective tool for Mac OS X systems. To be able to detect and remove all computer issues are some of the promises of MacZaminer. Though the way it promoted seems convincing, hence, it does not possess any real value.
This bogus program often obtained by most users by accident. Some may get MacZaminer while visiting malicious web site. Some may acquire it as they install a piece of free software. While some other obtained this adware by means of fake security alert.
Once it infiltrates the computer, MacZaminer perform fake scan. Then it shows results stating that a number of issues have been detected and need to be fixed. However, to be able to fix the alleged issue and help you out from this mess, you do have to purchase first the full version of the program.
In simple term, the real motive of MacZaminer is to gain online ad revenue. It even promotes products that you donít need in the first place. As there were no real issues that need to be fixed. If there is one issue now that your system is dealing with is that, the presence of MacZaminer itself.
MacZaminer gives totally opposite to what it offers to its users. Therefore, there is no reason not to remove this adware program from your system. Dealing with MacZaminer with urgency is very important to prevent added issue.
To get rid of MacZaminer, you may use the removal steps included on this page.
Procedures to Remove MacZaminer
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove MacZaminer from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select MacZaminer from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable MacZaminer extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. MacZaminer.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of MacZaminer to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of MacZaminer
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of MacZaminer and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing MacZaminer. Your computer should now be malware free.