Remove Mac Duplicate Cleaner
|Threat:||Mac Duplicate Cleaner|
|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Mac Duplicate Cleaner is presented as an application that helps remove duplicate files on Mac OS X. However, it requires users to purchase first the full version of the program to be able to use its features. Mac Duplicate Cleaner claims that this tool can improve system performance.
By merely looking to its functions, users can say that Mac Duplicate Cleaner is a reliable program. In contrast, it is not practical and it is not wise to use this program. Firstly, users should not choose this tool as there are free alternatives that offered the same value as Mac Duplicate Cleaner. Secondly, you cannot trust a program like Mac Duplicate Cleaner if it all of a sudden just comes out on your Macintosh computer. And lastly, something is strange that prior to its arrival, your system is working and performing well. And now, it gives you scan results saying that your system is involve with various issues that need to be fixed.
To clear out things, Mac Duplicate Cleaner is indeed counted as rogue software. The authorís goal wasnít to make a program that would help boost up the system performance. Rather, it turned out to be hoax, since it only serves as a profitable program for its developer. It shows fake scan results just to convince you that you really have to purchase its licensed version. It even uses unfair tactic just to gain spot on your machine. In most cases, users got Mac Duplicate Cleaner through free downloadable software. This adware tries to trick them to include this program along with freeware without their knowing.
To stop dealing with Mac Duplicate Cleaner as well as alarming pop-up, all you have to do is to remove it. It is always best to scan your computer using trusted anti-virus software. This is to make sure that there were no other unwanted items left on your Mac OS X system.
Procedures to Remove Mac Duplicate Cleaner
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Mac Duplicate Cleaner from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Mac Duplicate Cleaner from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Mac Duplicate Cleaner extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- Mac Duplicate Cleaner.update.plist
- Mac Duplicate Cleaner.AppRemoval.plist
- Mac Duplicate Cleaner.download.plist
- Mac Duplicate Cleaner.ltvbit.plist
- .com. Mac Duplicate Cleaner.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
SoftwareUpdater Mac Duplicate Cleaner
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Mac Duplicate Cleaner to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Mac Duplicate Cleaner
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Mac Duplicate Cleaner and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Mac Duplicate Cleaner. Your computer should now be malware free.