|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Yoursafersearch.com is a browser hijacking program that primarily hit Mac OS X systems. It strikes Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. This is possible especially if you are dealing with this type of adware, which main target are known browser programs.
When this malware hijacks your Web browser, home page and new tab page will be replaced with Yoursafersearch.com. At times, there might have a number of suspicious web sites where you will be redirected. You may encounter extreme display of ads and sometimes be redirected to sponsor’s web site. It is certain that Yoursafersearch.com hijacker will just mess up your entire system as soon as it loaded on your Macintosh computer.
Yoursafersearch.com can be added into your browser even without the real intent of installing it. It uses a number of methods to widely spread this adware. But the prime cause of having this fake search engine is when you install suspicious bundle programs. Yoursafersearch.com is often attached with no proper mentions about its inclusion. This tactic is often used to confuse a lot of Mac OS X users in order to install the added program.
Yoursafersearch.com is used by crooks to gain online profit. In aiming this goal, this adware even steal private and crucial data about users. All details that might be useful to promote ads will be gathered from the browser. Thus, even your online privacy will be at risk.
The moment you notice that this malware attack your Mac computer, you have to remove it quickly. Take note that Yoursafersearch.com can trigger other issues and online threats. These threats can be added into your system even in a short span of time.
Procedures to Remove Yoursafersearch.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Yoursafersearch.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Yoursafersearch.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Yoursafersearch.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Yoursafersearch.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Yoursafersearch.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Yoursafersearch.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Yoursafersearch.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Yoursafersearch.com. Your computer should now be malware free.