Remove Search.searchsmart.bid Redirect (Mac OS X)
|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Search.searchsmart.bid represents to a suspicious code designed by cyber crook to attack Macintosh computers. This doubtful domain replaces current internet browser settings once established on the system. Although Search.searchsmart.bid is not a virus in technical aspect, this potential threat is able enough to expose your Mac OS X systems at risk.
Search.searchsmart.bid is often concealed together with free downloaded application. This is the prime reason why most Mac users failed to notice that there is an added item aside from main program that they tend to install.
While Search.searchsmart.bid hijacker is running, intruder can monitor, track, and record your surfing routine. With the information collected from browser like web views, online purchases, and search queries, cyber crook cater ads that fit to your preferences. Be mindful that the real goal of Search.searchsmart.bid is to gain advertising revenue. However, in some cases, attacker share or sell gathered data with third-party and other online marketer. Thus, presence of Search.searchsmart.bid may also leads to violate one’s online privacy.
Keeping Search.searchsmart.bid on the system is highly risky. It may lead your browser to harmful web site. This malware will allow malicious ads and sponsored links to inject into your browser. Hence, with just one click, users may gain other issues and potential threats online.
To guard your Macintosh computer from additional problem that Search.searchsmart.bid may bring, you have to immediately remove it from the system.
Detailed guide on how to get rid of this malware is provided below.
Procedures to Remove Search.searchsmart.bid
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.searchsmart.bid from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.searchsmart.bid from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.searchsmart.bid extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.searchsmart.bid.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.searchsmart.bid to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.searchsmart.bid
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.searchsmart.bid and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.searchsmart.bid. Your computer should now be malware free.