Remove Search.salamangal.com (Mac OS X)
|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Search.salamangal.com is a kind of adware program which fall under browser hijacker category. This cyber threats targeting Mac OS X users and affect Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. It is concrete proof that this malware is hitting Macintosh computer when sudden changes to home page and search settings occurred.
Search.salamangal.com is normally installed on the browser without even noticing by Mac users. It has a number of tactful means to gain spot on its target machine. But the most known method use by crook to deliver Search.salamangal.com is the so-called bundling. It is a process where adware is included or must say hide along with free programs that internet users choose to download and install.
Online surfing experience is definitely awful with Search.salamangal.com. It let your browser redirects to dubious web site that contains malicious ads and links. Moreover, your online activity is no longer private, as this malware enable to track your search history. Through affected browser, cyber crook can collect all search terms you entered, visited web site, product interests, and more information pertaining to your internet browsing.
Getting additional adware, malware, and even virus infection is quite possible while having Search.salamangal.com hijacker on your system. Therefore, abrupt removal of this malware is highly recommended.
For simple and effective guides to get rid of Search.salamangal.com, please follow as instructed below.
Procedures to Remove Search.salamangal.com
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.salamangal.com from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.salamangal.com from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.salamangal.com extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.salamangal.com.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.salamangal.com to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.salamangal.com
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.salamangal.com and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.salamangal.com. Your computer should now be malware free.