Remove Search.hideyoursearch.bid Redirect (Mac)
|Brief Description:||Adware are unwanted programs that can pose serious threats on Mac computer.|
Search.hideyoursearch.bid is another browser hijacking program for Mac OS X systems. This can bring constant damage on your machine if not removed promptly. Take note that presence of this adware can bring huge amount of issues, as it keeps your Macintosh computer widely open to further attack.
Based on how Search.hideyoursearch.bid appears, it looks like real search engine. In contrast, it takes control over your browser and executes tasks even without userís consent. Search.hideyoursearch.bid alters your default search engine, home page, and new tab settings by its own.
Search.hideyoursearch.bid performs some tasks after changing your browser settings. This malware will redirect the browser to unknown web site. More so, it provides search results that have no real value. It often leads you to promoterís web page and paid links.
You cannot get out from this mess while Search.hideyoursearch.bid is running. Crooks can even extract all crucial details based on your browsing habit. These data is often shared to third party and use for their marketing analysis. Yet, in some cases, such details may also be used for nasty intent like identity theft.
While crooks increase chances of reaching its goal, Search.hideyoursearch.bid disrupts your online routine. It even drags and places your system at high risk. This malware is all about gaining more profit through promoting online ads. Search.hideyoursearch.bid has no intent of giving you enhanced search results and will never improve your online surfing.
To keep your Mac OS X system safe, then all you have to do is to get rid of Search.hideyoursearch.bid. You have to take into account what this malware can cause and the added issues it can deliver if you did not remove it at once. See to it that all other unknown programs that have been added into your Mac computer without your consent will be removed too.
Procedures to Remove Search.hideyoursearch.bid
Removal steps on this page will help you get rid of the threat effectively using tools and virus scanners. Please make sure that you will carry out the guide in exact order.
Remove Search.hideyoursearch.bid from Safari browser
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Go to Safari menu.
3. Choose "Preferences".
4. This will open the Safari settings dialog box.
5. Please select "Extensions" tab to see list of installed extensions.
6. Select Search.hideyoursearch.bid from the list. If not found, it may be hiding under a different name. Look for unknown or suspicious item.
7. Turn off the extension by removing the Check Mark on the box beside "Enable Search.hideyoursearch.bid extension". You can also Uninstall the extension if you need to permanently remove it from the computer.
8. Please close Safari browser at the moment and proceed to the next procedure.
Manually delete all files dropped by the adware
1. Navigate the Apple Menu bar and click on "Go". Then, select "Go to Folder".
2. Copy and paste, or type the following line in the field and press Enter on your keyboard:
3. LaunchAgents folder should open at this point. Look for items with the following file name:
- .com. Search.hideyoursearch.bid.agent.plist
4. Move each file to the Trash. This action may require administrator privilege. If you are not logged in as administrator, you need to provide required password.
5. Go to a different folder again using procedure from Step 1 and copy and paste or type the following line:
6. Do the same process as in Step 3 and move each file to the Trash.
7. Next, we need to look at Application Support folder. Using the same method as above. Go to this location:
8. Find the same files as in Step 3 and drag them to the Trash.
9. Go back to Apple Menu and then select Applications from the drop-down list.
10. Delete the following folders just in case they do exist.
Note: Malware may use alternative names instead of Search.hideyoursearch.bid to mislead security programs as well as users. If in case the above list is not present, please look for unfamiliar or suspicious items containing the same extension as update.plist, ltvbit.plist, and download.plist.
Scan with MBAM to easily get rid of Search.hideyoursearch.bid
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Drag the downloaded file MBAM-Mac-[version].dmg to Applications folder.
3. Under Applications folder, right-click on Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and select "Open" from the given choices.
4. After opening the tool, click on the "Scan" button to start checking the computer for presence of Search.hideyoursearch.bid and other malware.
5. When scanning is done, the tool will display all identified threats. Be sure to select malicious items.
6. Click on "Remove Selected Items" to delete the threats.
We hope that the procedures and removal tool on this page was able to help you in removing Search.hideyoursearch.bid. Your computer should now be malware free.